We all have those meals...the one's we fix weekly for our family. They're quick, easy, or yummy...or quick, easy, AND yummy and often requested by members of our family. Sometimes, though, we get tired of the same things every week, which is why I'm proposing a "recipe swap" of sorts. If you'd like to contribute to and benefit from "Go-To Grub!", please e-mail me your recipes, with "Go-To Grub" in the message line, as many or as few as you like; you might even have them in your sent box because someone has asked you for them in the past! This could potentially be a really great source of variety for our weekly meal plans, so please join the fun! E-mail them as soon as you have some free time so we can get this up and running.

Feel free to pass this along!

mrstylerhamilton@hotmail.com

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What we tried this week!


This week, we added in Steak Fajitas and the Barbecue Chicken Packets.
(and last week I made this weekly menu board. I found the idea here, in case you're interested in making your own. I'm going to add in the vinyl lettering as soon as I talk to my friend, Angie!)
I absolutely LOVED the steak fajitas! The flavor of the marinade was wonderful and the prep made it easy for me to keep the onions out of Tyler's portion...since he is lame. :) We're in Weight Watcher mode so I made a few adjustments. I only used a teaspoon of oil, instead of a tablespoon when sauteing the veggies, and I served them with fresh salsa, fat free sour cream, and 2% milk sharp cheddar. We had a side of refried beans. I forgot to take a picture, but we'll be making these again soon, so I'll be able to get one then. Next time I'm going to try and pound the meat a little bit to see if I can get it to be a little more tender.

The barbecue chicken packets were really good, too. They were UBER easy and very, very quick! We ended up serving them on rice...we eat a lot of rice. The idea of barbecue sauce and rice is weird to me, but Tyler was ok with it. Next time I make these I will saute the green peppers a little before adding them in because they were a little too crisp for my liking.
Two new delicious dishes! Thanks Kelli S. and Erin B.!

No comments:

Post a Comment